Monday, January 15, 2007

8 weeks today!

I still cannot believe I am pregnant! I had my last visit with my RE this morning, for bloods and and ultrasound. I have really been feeling good the past few days (a little nausea last week in the afternoons kept me satisfied that the heart was still beating), so I was worried, of course. But the expert sonography tech that I am becoming, I immediately saw that little heart beating away once the dildo-cam was in! Our little blob was measuring exactly 8w0d, and the heartbeat was 155bpm. Music to my ears!!

But on the flip side, I am now released from the RE's care. GULP! I am to start weaning estrogen and progesterone to taper off in 3 weeks time. Scary stuff . . . good thing I thought ahead and booked my first ON appointment for this Thursday. How will I live without my weekly ultrasounds? Sigh.

**edited to add that my beta this morning was 118,660!! Now that's a beautiful number! Progesterone was 33.6, so time to start weaning. Yikes!

2 comments:

azjenn said...

Great news! I'm sure you will miss those u/s's(and dildo cam)but soon you will be able to hear the hb so that will keep you reassured inbetween u/s's.

Earthchild618 said...

Wow! Happy Graduation from RE Day!!!