Wednesday, February 13, 2008

to bring you back up to speed with us . . .

I've been having way too much fun with all these blogging giveways, tags, and funny quizzes, and in doing so, I have neglected reporting on us! So here's the quick and dirty:

- after 9 days of CIO, J* went to sleep by himself without crying for three days straight. He got a Star Wars action figure for each time. Since then, he has cried every single night for the last 16 nights. It is getting shorter and shorter, but slowly. I am sticking to my guns. At least he sleeps through the night once asleep, except for the occasional night waking.

- We started Cooper on CIO last night. He slept through the night 10 hours a week or so ago, and 8 straight hours another few nights. He has been waking for a few ounces at night, so its time to stop that. Thanks to AZJenn for the hand-holding during all this! Cooper woke twice last night, the first time he cried for 35 minutes, the second time for about 25 minutes. It was really hard, especially with DH asking me if he should go in, why don't I go in, can't we at least give him the binky, yada, yada. See, I told you he was a wuss!

- Cooper was eating cereal a couple weeks back, but now refuses it and if I try to get it in his mouth, he sort of gags. I never had a tough time feeding J*, so this is strange. Will let him lead on this.

- Coop is now rolling over well, and starting to form sounds. He does a litte "brrr" and a "vuv". Its so darn cute!

-J* is smart as a whip, its almost scary. One night he was running around like crazy, and I said I didn't like him to do that. His response? "Well, mommy, that's not my understanding." WHAAAAAATT!!!! This kid is hysterical!

-My spring semester has started, so I will be busy with a class until April. Bear with me until then . . . I will be "off" of school through the summer, yeah!

If I think of anything else, I'll come back to edit. Time for lunch!

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

Good for you! Stick to your guns! CIO is hard, but it works!

Ali said...

Glad to hear it is going better! They are tough little buggers aren't they. Hopefully you are feeling the releif a little.