Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm fine, really!

Sorry to worry everyone . . . I was just really tired when I wrote the last post, and it came out a bit pathetic. I'm fine! The PPD is not back . . . meds are working perfectly.Sorry to scare some of you, but thanks for caring!

So Cooper is just the perfect 6 month old! He's 16lbs, 10ozs and 26 1/4 inches . . . all 50% percentile for every measure! You'd never know he was frozen for 9 years! He got three shots and the Rotavirus oral vaccine, and maybe cried out with two whimpers. He's so good . . . he never cries unless he's hungry. He's still the fave at daycare, since he's so low maintenance.

He's rolling all over, and hitting all milestones . . . yes, except for eating solids. He's just not interested. The pedi helped me identify that Coop's not eating enough at daycare . . . he never finishes his 7 oz bottles, sometimes only taking 3 oz! So yes, he's hungry at night. I wrote out specific instrux for the daycare girls to feed only every 4 hours and stick with him until he finishes the whole thing. I hope this gets his sleeping/eating worked out.

Of course he STTN last night (9p-5a), but it was probably the effect of the shots. I'll take it!

J* is doing great BTW, he is loving his brother and is much improved with the jealousy. I just make sure he has "mommytime" as often as I can, and it really helps.

Funny J* story . . . we were in the car driving on Sunday, and I had the news radio on. The broadcaster was discussing the Democratic primaries, and named Obama and Clinton at that moment. J* says to me, "Mommy, Obama is running for president". I almost crashed the car. There are adults in this country that may not know that, and my 3 1/2 year old does! But then he said his Nonno is running too, and he is going to win. OK, he really still is 3 1/2!

4 comments:

azjenn said...

Glad to hear that the PPD isn't back. I was worried about that. Cute story about J...what a smartie he is!

Ali said...

Glad you are OK. You really do have yourself stretched and not sleeping makes for one tired mommy! WTG Cooper on his 50%. The perfect size!

debi9kids said...

Glad you are ok .
Good luck getting the daycare to follow the instructions.

Earthchild618 said...

Glad to hear that you are doing ok. J is so smart!

Cooper seems to be doing great! I hope that the daycare gals listen to your instructions so he gets enough to eat and goes to sleep for you at night!