Saturday, January 19, 2008

In case you're keeping score . . .

After night 3, it is: Parents = 2, Kid = 1.

No, not a great night. Of course not. I was home alone! We went up to his room a little before 8pm to read. As soon as I went to turn out the light, he started screaming he was scared. I told him I loved him, kissed him and left (with the light on). He screamed for an hour! In between crying, "I want my mommy", he would throw in a "bad mommy, bad!". Oh, he knows just how to hurt me! I went in every 15 minutes to calm him down but it didn;t work.

After that hour, I went in and lied down next to him. He calmed down and fell asleep in 3 minutes. I guess an hour of hysterics is quite exhausting.

I thought it wasn't so bad, since the first two nights were "easy", I figured we'd have tough times too. But this morning he woke up with 102.8 fever. So I lose. Yep . . . bad mommy. Sigh.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Don't let the fever make you feel bad. That has nothing to do with his screaming last night. He was going to push you because DH wasn't home. You did fine. If he is sick don't give in too much or else you will be back to square one again. I hate it when they get sick because they are always off their schedule. Stick to your guns mommy!

Anonymous said...

You aren't a bad mommy. You didn't know he was sick. I agree with the advice on stickin' to your guns. Maybe being sick will help him go to sleep better since he won't have the energy to fight? Hang in there! I'm thinkin about you.

Kate

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome mommy! I can't imgine having two kids, working full time and going to school. You are the bomb!

Remember, Hanna is 12 and we still fight with her to be in her own bed. I agree about being sick though. Hanna was back to her own bed for about a month when she got sick with mono. Now we are back to square one!
xxxoooSally

azjenn said...

You are NOT a bad Mommy. I doubt the screaming was because he was sick. I agree stick to your guns even when he is sick. Comfort him but let him know bedtime is just that! He knew dh wasn't home and that you would be weaker. They are smart you know! ((HUG))

Anonymous said...

You are such a great Mommy and he knows it. They say it gets worse before it gets better. So stick to your guns and let him learn to sleep without you there. He knew you were without Daddy and would be easier to break. Don't give up, it will happen!!!