Thursday, February 08, 2007

What? I'm not Superwoman?

Reality is truly hard to swallow. I bit off more than I could chew. I couldn't handle it all, and I was forced to do something about it. Damn!

I have been just dragging. And so frazzled. For those that don't know, I started a doctoral program in Clinical Nutrition last September, and took my first class in the Fall semester. I got an A! So, I went ahead and took two classes this semester to get ahead, since I may miss a semester with a newborn this fall. I figure I could get at least a B in each class and still not be overwhelmed. Wrong call.

I made the decision yesterday to drop one of my courses as I just couldn't handle the 2 at a time, plus working, being pg, and being mommy to crazy-boy toddler!!! Oh, and a wife too, I always forget about that. Guess I'm not the superwoman I thought I was. Damn!

But to tell you the truth, I am relieved. I want to enjoy my family time on nights and weekends, instead of spending it on the computer or at the library. I want to enjoy being pregnant and all that goes with it. Oh, and I want to take naps. I love naps.

So, the new me. Streamlining, simplifying, going a bit slower. Doesn;t sound too bad . . . wonder what else I can get rid of . . . any ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. There is no need to stress yourself out. That did sound like a lot to handle. How are you even doing the one class? LOL

Earthchild618 said...

Yup...cut the clutter out hon. That will really help. What I have found that helps me when I am overwhelmed with well..crap in my life: I cut "clutter" any way I can. Too many message boards, reading too many blogs, watching too many tv shows, having too many open projects. I take what HAS to be done and do it. Then I work on one project at a time (ie: clean basement. once done: clean closets, etc). Since Mad has been home I do still try to get some things done. But you know what..nothing is as important to me as working on stuff for him (ie: life book and baby book and photo albums). I make that priority and then when that is done I move on to the next thing. WTG for you on slowing down and enjoying life!

azjenn said...

Your load was sounding way too heavy. I agree enjoy this time in your life, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for you.

p.s. You're still Superwoman in my eyes!

CariP said...

Sounds like a good decision for you. You SHOULD be doing everything you can to enjoy this time in your life - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. School will be there...enjoy the crazy-boy while he is young and enjoy being preggers!!!