Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Waiting Game

So, I had my endocrinology consult on August 5th. There were no surprises. She reviewed the pathology report with me again, and confirmed I would need Radioactive Iodine Ablation (RAI) of any remaining cells, since the cancer had to metasticized to at least 5 lymph nodes.

RAI is both diagnostic and therapeutic: It will show if there are any thyroid cancer cells left in my neck, or if there happens to be any distant metastases (please God, no). Even if there is cancer still present, the radioactive iodine will destroy (ablate) any of it left. Pretty cool.

Problem is . . . I need two injections of a drug called thyrogen, in the days before the RAI treatment, to prep my body. Well, there is a "worldwide shortage" of that drug, so I cannot have the treatment at this point in time.

I really can't make this shit up.

So I am on the "waiting list" for treatments, once the manufacturer produces more. It is expected that there will be an announcement as to when the drug will be available by the end of this month.

So I wait. Again.

You do all know I HATE waiting!!!!!!!!!!???

7 comments:

azjenn said...

Insane that the drug you need is on back order. Ugh!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father ωho shаred with me rеgaгding thіs wеb site, this ωeblog is genuinely awesome.



My ѕite: Massage and spa
Here is my site ... male massage therapist

jeremy said...

I will share it to my friends. Sounds exciting.

right here

Fudle said...

Dear blogger,
I have set up a new blog directory and would very much like to list your blog.
Please take a look at my site www.fudle.co.uk if you like it and would allow me to list you blog please fill in the online form
May thanks

Surrogacy For Singles said...

its ok

femiint said...

it sounds great .. thanks for sharing and also check for best IVF centre in bangalore

chengqi said...

When you are looking at prom dresses, one style doesn't suit all.

So what's a bride to complete? Well, there is no need to panic. A recent trend would be to have mismatched black bridesmaid dresses that play for your girls' figures, revealing their best points.